Do you love food and meeting new people? Do you consider yourself social media savvy? Do think of yourself as a fun person?
If you answered yes to all three questions and are also familiar with looloo, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We’re looking for an internet-savvy community manager who’s friendly, driven, creative, and who will help us maintain and grow a thriving and interactive looloo community. Bonus points if you also consider yourself matakaw.
looloo is a place discovery and social networking app and website that’s focused exclusively on the Philippines.
With the largest and most active community of reviewers in the Philippines, looloo allows users to explore and discover restaurants, hotels, and travel destinations all over the country.
- Execute multiple community events to meet sales and marketing initiatives. This includes planning, execution, and post-event reporting.
- Maintain and grow looloo’s online community. Be the voice of looloo within the community but also represent the community’s needs to the company.
- Drive user retention through regular user engagement and community-building initiatives.
- Run seasonal contests and giveaways. This involves planning, execution, and reporting.
- Help manage looloo’s social media accounts to promote our growing community of reviewers and merchant partners.
- Assist in providing content for the looloo email newsletter.
- Recommend and implement community-building activities.
- Excellent in English – both writing and speaking.
- Must be internet-savvy and have basic word processing/spreadsheet skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-driven and highly motivated to work both independently and with a small team.
- Based in Metro Manila (Yes, surviving in this concrete jungle is a skill.)
- Must be flexible with work time as events can be on weekends or after 6PM.
- Knowledge of trending/viral topics with “a finger on the pulse of the Internet.”
- Flexibility, an open mind, and enthusiasm about experimenting with unconventional ideas.
- A sense of humor. Can take and tell jokes.
- Ability to take the perspective of others.
- Funny, engaging, and appealing in your work.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition.
- A competitive drive – you enjoy winning and really going for it!
- You’ll be part of a fast growing progressive company with big ambitions!
- You get to try the newly-released dishes of restaurants at events for FREE!
- Very competitive pay – bonus opportunities available if you’re able to learn fast and blow us away with meaningful contributions.
- Health card provided.
- Fun people to work with!
- Fun office to work in filled with enthusiastic and passionate people + free water and oxygen!
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You’d feel like a fish out of water without a well‐defined traditional corporate structure.
- You are an energy vampire (after someone interacts with you, you leave this person feeling exhausted, unfocused, and depressed).
- You are a deadbeat (a withholder of effort).
- You are a downer (someone who frequently “expresses pessimism, anxiety, insecurity, and irritation”).
- You are an asshole (someone who violates “interpersonal norms of respect”).
- You are a hater (if you hatin’ on this list, you a hater fo’ sho).
Interested candidates should include the following to apply:
- Links to your social media accounts such as a Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or personal blog.
- Your resume.
Also include your answers to the following questions:
- Who are you and what are you doing now?
- What is your background in running events?
- What makes you a good fit for this job?
- Why do you want to work with us?
- What activities or hobbies do you engage in during your free time?
- If you could invite any two people to lunch, who would you invite and why? (from the past or present, real or fictional)
Send in your application as soon as possible! to email@example.com. We want to bring a great person on board as soon as possible. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay. We look forward to hearing from you!